- Who Benefited from Burundi’s Demobilization Program? (with Olivier Sterck and Philip Verwimp) – World Bank Economic Review 2016: accessible here. The Appendix is available in this version.
- Verwimp, P. and O. D’Aoust. (2013). Risk, Security, and Coping Mechanisms in Contexts of Violent Conflict: Evidence from Rwanda and Burundi in A Micro-Level Perspective on the Dynamics of Conflict, Violence, and Development (edited by P. Justino, T. Brück and P. Verwimp), Oxford University Press: Oxford, UK
- From Rebellion to Electoral Violence. Evidence from Burundi (with Andrea Colombo and Olivier Sterck) – March 2017, forthcoming in Economic Development and Cultural Change. Get a glimpse on the CSAE blog and here for a brief comment on the 2015 events.
- Dissertation: Post-War Economics. Micro-Level Evidence from the African Great Lakes Region.
2. Institutional Economics
- Who Benefits from Customary Justice ? Rent-seeking, Bribery and Criminality in Sub-Saharan Africa, with Olivier Sterck, Journal of African Economies 2016: accessible here.
- P. Jones, O. D’Aoust, and L. Bernard (2017). The Urban Wage Premium in Africa in Wage Inequality in Developing Countries: Volume I (ed. S. Johnson-Lans). Africa, Palgrave.
- Risky Business? Rural Entrepreneurship in Subsistence Markets (with Katarzyna Cieslik), revise and resubmit The European Journal of Development Research.
4. Public Health in Emergency Settings
- Guha-Sapir, D., O. D’Aoust , F. Vos and P. Hoyois (2013). The frequency and impact of natural disasters in The Economic Impacts of Natural Disasters (edited by D. Guha-Sapir and I. Santos), Oxford University Press: Oxford, UK
- Recurrent floods and prevalence of diarrhea among under five children: observations from Bahraich district, Uttar Pradesh, India, 2011, Global Health Action vol. 4. (with Pooran C. Joshi, Sonia Kaushal, Bijaya S. Aribam, Prashant Khattri, Mongjam M. Singh, Michael Marx and Debarati Guha-Sapir)
- Demographic and Health Consequences of Civil Conflict, 2010, Background paper for the World Development Report on Conflict, Security and Development (with Debarati Guha-Sapir)